Monday, May 3, 2010

My New Heroes

This past weekend, an event unequalled in all of Mathews County history was held. The Harry Ward auditorium hosted the Relay for Life "Woman less Beauty Pageant" "Lovelies" from across the county showed their "stuff" to help raise money for the fight against cancer, and to help bring a truckload of belly laughs and tears of joy that rival anything good ole Mathews, VA has ever seen before (but hopefully will see again!)
As somebody who is battling cancer, has lost loved ones and friends to it, and knows so many who are also battling right now, I just want to say a huge "THANK YOU" It takes a strong, confident man to wear a dress in public (and some of the other outfits, you got more guts than me!) even for a good cause! Even from five hours away, it was a sight to behold! Be sure to check out my 'New Heroes" picture on the right, and I will also post some links to more pictures in the comments section.
Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. http://hillbillygothic.blogspot.com/2010/05/for-good-cause-relay-for-life-mathews.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It was even better in person, but the pictures give you an idea of how much fun it was. Also check out bighairenvy.blogspot.com and noenoegirl.blogspot.com -they were also there and have some great shots.

    Shall I let the event organizers know you're interested in being a contestant next year? I know some ladies who would just love to handle your make up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told Bayman tonight that I would be honored to be included. I will make a special trip just to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! Consider yourself signed up. The make-up artists (Noe Noe Girl being one of them) will need about 2 hours of your time pre-show. This includes a manicure and full facial. I can assist with wardrobe and talent.

    p.s. Remind me of all this a year from now.

    ReplyDelete