Thursday, August 5, 2010

Homeward Bound

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. Sometimes I just get "blogger's block".
In just a few weeks, I will be heading back to my hometown, Mathews County, Virginia.
I don't get back very often anymore, so I am looking forward to it. My college friend and seminary roommate has even invited me to preach at his church there while I am in town. It should be a really fun time. I love to go back and see everyone, and sometimes it seems like I just left yesterday, even though I moved away over 25 years ago.
When I got sick last year, I was amazed at the number of cards that poured in to the hospital room. They came from all over the United States, even some from other countries. A large number came from Mathews. The surprising thing about those Mathews cards was that many of them were from people I did not know that well, or from folks I had not talked with in years. This year at the Mathews Relay for Life, I was honored that several participants listed me as one of the persons they were walking for. Through Facebook, I have also gotten to know some people much better than I knew them before.
If you are near Mathews, I would love to see you when I come back in August. I will be preaching at 11:00 a.m. on August 22 at Locust Grove United Methodist Church.
I'll try to post more often, too.
Have you ever wanted to just be "good enough"?

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget Mount Zion at 9:00 a.m. on the same day (especially for those who still want to attend their own church at 11)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on surviving the blogger's block. As you know, I get that too.

    ReplyDelete